With an expanding presence as a leader in the growing stormwater construction field, Stormwater Maintenance & Consulting is seeking a cost estimator to join our Capital Area team. The position will be based in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, with estimating tasks focused on projects primarily in and around the Greater Metropolitan Washington Area.
- Developing initial cost estimates for concept level stormwater designs.
- Develop work breakdown structures, scopes of work, bid forms and invitations for bid for assigned general contracting projects.
- Visit project sites before and during construction.
- Distribute, receive, and analyze bid documents from potential subcontractors.
- Develop final cost estimates for projects using subcontractor bids.
- Track subcontractor categories for each project.
- Develop General Contractor invoices on AIA forms and submit to client.
- Develop proposals, cost estimates, and bids for other potential work within the Capital Area region.
- Track job costs for both general contracting and self-performing projects.
- Thoroughly understand each assigned project, drawings and specifications.
Ideal candidate would have experience in site, stormwater management, or relevant construction and cost estimating. Experience in both public and private projects are required. Must have experience in and an understanding of the construction process and interpreting design plans. Position requires good interpersonal communication skills and the capability to work in both office and field environments. Position requires Maryland Class C Driver’s License, or equivalent with a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier. Excellent computer skills are a must.
Our company offers competitive wages based on work experience and employee performance, an exceptional employee benefits package, and unlimited advancement potential available for the right person. We are the leader in this field with a culture of mutual respect, technical excellence, having fun, and maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
SMC is certified as a women-owned and Prince George’s County Located Business that is committed to maximizing opportunities for our employees.
Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap status, Vietnam era or disabled Veterans status.